$2,000 scholarships will be awarded to Kootenai Electric Cooperative members or their children who are either seniors in high school or currently enrolled in college or an accredited trade or technical institution for the fall of 2020 or spring of 2021. The scholarships are provided by the Kootenai Electric Trust and Operation Round Up® program. Applications will be considered and winners selected by members of the Kootenai Electric Trust Board of Directors, which disburses Operation Round Up® funds contributed by Kootenai Electric members.
Scholarship applications must be completed using one of the online forms below by February 14, 2020.
Academic Scholarship Application - coming soon
Scholarship Fund Criteria:
- The recipient’s primary residence must be the household of a Kootenai Electric Cooperative member.
- The recipient must be enrolled in, or planning to enroll in, an accredited educational or training institution.
- The scholarship fund will be in the form of a grant program with funds being paid directly to the education institution. The school shall return any unused funds to the scholarship fund.
- A person may submit an application each year, but previous winners are not eligible for a second scholarship.
- The scholarship fund will provide $2,000 for each scholarship winner’s educational expenses.
- An official transcript must accompany the application. Students applying for the academic scholarship must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA and be in good standing.
- A combination of school and community involvement, academic ability, financial need and the essay will be used in determining scholarship fund winners.
- The Kootenai Electric Trust will administer the scholarship fund.
- Applications will be considered and winners selected by members of the Kootenai Electric Trust Board of Directors, which disburses Operation Round Up® funds contributed by Kootenai Electric Cooperative members.
- Winners will be asked to submit a photo/video and must agree to allow KEC to use their photo/video and/or name in Cooperative publications, social media, web site and press releases.