New members: Welcome to Kootenai Electric! If you are unsure where to start, fill out the application packet or contact our office at 208.765.1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to walk you through the process.
Reminder: To fill out the forms below on your computer, please download the PDF form first.
Completed applications can be submitted by email to email@example.com or to our office. Payments for any applicable fees can be made by cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
Service application forms
Thank you for inquiring about service with Kootenai Electric. The electrical agreement must be filled out for each location requesting service.
The membership information form is only required for new members or if membership information has changed.
Property Information is required for every new service. If you are applying for service to a multi-dwelling location, please also fill out Appendix A of this form.
Please select the appropriate easement below for individual(s) or a corporation.
Electric Line Right of Way Easement Instructions
To ensure the easement is accepted by the county for recording and to prevent possible job delays, please follow the easement instructions below.
- Print appropriate easement single-sided.
- Individual Electrical Line Right of Way Easement
- Corporation Electrical Line Right of Way Easement
- Ensure all text is legible and at least eight-point font.
- Easement documents and all attachments need at least 1” margins on all sides with margins clear of writing and text, including signatures.
- Along with the easement include a copy of one of the following documents showing ownership and the legal description of the property.
- Recorded Warranty Deed
- Deed of Trust
- Quit Claim Deed
- Schedule A Final Title Insurance Policy
- If providing maps, ensure they are black & white, with all fonts legible and not covered by lines or dashes.
- All legal property owners must sign the easement exactly as their name(s) appear on the property deed. We’ve provided two signature pages below. If additional signatures are needed due to more than two names listed on the property deed, please print as necessary.
• KEC has notaries available in our office.
- Signatures need to be notarized.
- KEC has notaries available in our office at no charge.
- Notary stamp must be legible and can’t cover any part of the written document.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at 208-765-1200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that easements must be complete and recordable for a job to be released to construction for scheduling.