Operation Round up® Grants Awarded to Our Community
Operation Round Up® is supported by KEC members who “round up” their monthly electric bills to the nearest dollar to help our neighbors in need. The extra pennies go into the Kootenai Electric Trust fund which distributes grants to worthy causes in KEC’s service territory. Start “rounding up” your bill.
In February 2019, the Trust Board awarded more than $17,500 to the following organizations:
- $2,500 to Camp Fire Inland Northwest to purchase a new food waste disposer for Camp Sweyolakan.
- $2,500 to the Post Falls Senior Center for their Meals on Wheels program.
- $2,500 to the Rathdrum Lions Club to purchase food for the weekend nutritional backpack program for students in need.
- $2,476 to the Harrison Senior Center to purchase a new furnace.
- $2,000 to Family Promise of North Idaho to provide overnight shelter and services for homeless families.
- $2,000 to the North Idaho Fair Foundation for the Farm to Table field trip for fifth graders in the Lakeland and Post Falls school districts.
- $1,740 to the Ramsey Magnet School of Science for the music program and a second grade field trip.
- $1,000 to the North Idaho Youth Orchestra to purchase posture chairs for music students.
- $1,000 to the United Way of North Idaho to purchase diapers for families in need.
Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up®, or who would like to begin contributing, may simply “opt-out” or “opt-in” on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.
Are you interested in serving on the Trust Board? The Trust Board is made up of KEC members who serve on a voluntary basis. They receive and evaluate all Operation Round Up® grant requests and determine how they will be distributed. Trust Board positions in Districts 1, 3 and 4 will be open in August 2019 due to term limits. If you’re interested in serving please call 208.292.3270 or email email@example.com.