Operation Round Up® Grants Awarded to Our Community
Operation Round Up® is supported by KEC members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly electric bills to the nearest dollar to help our neighbors in need. The extra pennies go into the Kootenai Electric Trust fund which distributes grants to worthy causes in KEC’s service territory. Through this program, nearly $1.2 million has been invested in our community.
In November 2020, the Trust Board awarded Operation Round Up® grants to the following organizations:
- $7,500 to the Community Action Partnership/Project Share program. These funds are available to KEC members who qualify for help paying their energy bills. Learn more about Project Share below.
- $2,500 to the GEM Community Citizens Project Group/Hayden Senior Center for their nutrition program.
- $1,000 to Lake City High School for learning materials and literature for the French program.
- $1,675 to Prairie View Elementary to purchase drums for their music program.
- $2,500 to Safe Passage, to support children and their families at their Children’s Advocacy Center.
- $2,500 to Trinity Group Homes, a program of St. Vincent de Paul, to paint murals on their apartment building and to purchase chicken feed, and seeds and plants for their community garden.
Are You ‘Rounding Up’ Your KEC Bill? If not, we need your help! Start “rounding up” your bill. Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up® or who would like to begin contributing may simply opt out or opt in on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.