Operation Round Up® Grants Awarded to Our Community
Operation Round Up® is supported by KEC members who voluntarily “round up” their monthly electric bills to the nearest dollar to help our neighbors in need. The extra pennies go into the Kootenai Electric Trust fund which distributes grants to worthy causes in KEC’s service territory. Through this program, nearly $1.2 million has been invested in our community.
In May 2021, the Trust Board awarded Operation Round Up® grants to the following organizations:
- $2,500 to Gizmo-CDA, a nonprofit maker space, to purchase STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) kits to inspire year-long learning for low income students.
- $2,500 to North Idaho CASA (for their Project Permanency program. In addition to recommending services to the Court, CASA provides basic needs and supplies and critically needed items that help develop a healthy and stable home environment.
- $2,500 to the Post Falls Food Bank to purchase food for their Children’s Nutrition Backpack program.
- $2,051.04 to Ramsey Magnet School for their music program to purchase ukuleles and storage racks for ukuleles and guitars.
- $2,000 to Camp Cross on Lake Coeur d'Alene to replace outdoor lighting with LEDs.
Are You ‘Rounding Up’ Your KEC Bill? If not, we need your help! Start “rounding up” your bill. Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up® or who would like to begin contributing may simply opt out or opt in on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.