Operation Round Up® Grants Awarded to Our Community
Operation Round Up® is supported by KEC members who “round up” their monthly electric bills to the nearest dollar to help our neighbors in need. The extra pennies go into the Kootenai Electric Trust fund which distributes grants to worthy causes in KEC’s service territory.
The Kootenai Electric Trust Board recently awarded the second quarter 2020 Operation Round Up® grants to the following organizations:
- $2,500 to the Salvation Army Kroc Center to provide childcare scholarships to those affected by COVID-19.
- $2,497 to the North Idaho AIDS Coalition to fund HIV test kits and technician fees.
- $1,413 to Betty Kiefer Elementary to purchase a clothes washer and dryer.
- $1,000 to One More Time for personalized birthday celebrations for hospice patients.
- $750 to Orchard Ridge Senior Living to purchase iPads so residents can connect with loved ones during COVID-19 restrictions.
Are You ‘Rounding Up’ Your KEC Bill? If not, we need your help! Start “rounding up” your bill. Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up® or who would like to begin contributing may simply opt out or opt in on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.