Operation Round Up® Grants Awarded to Our Community
Operation Round Up® is supported by KEC members who “round up” their monthly electric bills to the nearest dollar to help our neighbors in need. The extra pennies go into the Kootenai Electric Trust fund which distributes grants to worthy causes in KEC’s service territory.
The Kootenai Electric Trust Board recently awarded the first quarter 2020 Operation Round Up® grants to the following organizations:
- $459 to the Back Country ATV/UTV Association to purchase a weed and brush trimmer to clear trail in the Coeur d'Alene Forest.
- $2,400 to Idaho Drug Free Youth to launch a new program to reach more youth online and through workshops.
- $2,500 the North Idaho Fair Foundation for the Farm to Table event, which aims to teach local fifth graders about the importance of agriculture.
- $2,500 to the Panhandle Stormwater and Erosion Education Program to develop an advanced class with a focus on protecting water quality.
- $500 to Seltice Elementary for the Idaho History Rendezvous event for students.
- $2,500 to Winton Elementary to purchase decodable books for kindergarten through second grade students to use at school to help them become independent readers.
Are You ‘Rounding Up’ Your KEC Bill? If not, we need your help! Start “rounding up” your bill.