Trust Board Awards 4th Quarter 2018 Grants
The Kootenai Electric Trust Board awarded quarterly Operation Round Up® grants in late November 2018. The Trust Board received 13 grant requests and awarded more than $15,000 to the following applicants:
- $7,500 to Project Share to help provide assistance to KEC members who cannot pay their energy/electric bills.
- $2,500 to Chorale Coeur d'Alene to help purchase replacement risers for performances.
- $2,500 to Dalton Elementary School to help purchase an online math fluency practice program.
- $2,500 to the Hayden Senior Center to purchase well-balanced and healthy meals for their guests.
- $1,500 to the Hayden Lake Rotary Club to help purchase safety equipment for the crosswalk at Hayden Meadows Elementary to improve student safety.
- $1,500 to the Kootenai Environmental Alliance to provide summer day camps for families and youth. The day camps give participants an opportunity to spend time in the natural areas of North Idaho.
- $1,500 to K2 Equestrian Center, which provides equine therapy for children and families, to purchase equipment for sensory integration.
- $1,350 to Holy Family Catholic School to purchase Chromebooks.
- $1,000 to Lake City High School to purchase bookshelves and authentic and current reading materials for the French language program.
- $1,000 to Lake City & Lakeland High Family and Career and Community Leaders of America program to purchase fabric and sewing supplies to make service projects for community members in need.
The next grant applications are due January 25, 2019. Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up®, or who would like to begin contributing, may simply “opt-out” or “opt-in” on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.