Recently Awarded Grants
Trust Board Awards 2nd Quarter 2017 Grants
The Kootenai Electric Trust Board approved the second quarter disbursement of 2017 Operation Round Up® funds. The Trust Board received eight grant requests and awarded more than $8,000 to the following applicants:
- $2,500 to the City of Athol to help purchase a new park play structure for ages 2-5.
- $2,500 to the Panhandle Health District for the Seeds to Sprouts program, which offers classes on parenting skills, child development and safety.
- $1,500 to the Muscular Dystrophy Association for the equipment loan closet program to help those affected by muscle debilitating diseases.
- $1,000 to the Farm to Table Event/North Idaho Fair Foundation, which teaches area 5th graders about where their food comes from.
- $800 to the Glory Be Learning Center to purchase a new computer.
- $529 to Betty Kiefer Elementary to purchase equipment to help students with autism.
Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up®, or who would like to begin contributing, may simply “opt-out” or “opt-in” on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.