Recently Awarded Grants
Trust Board Awards 1st Quarter 2018 Grants
The Kootenai Electric Trust Board approved the first quarter disbursement of 2018 Operation Round Up® funds. The Trust Board received 14 grant requests and awarded more than $12,000 to the following applicants:
- $2,500 to the Post Falls Senior Center for the Meals on Wheels program and to purchase chairs.
- $2,000 to Lakeland High School to initiate a new program to provide job training skills for students with disabilities.
- $1,800 to Stories with Stewy, an interactive reading incentive program for local second graders.
- $1,707 to the Ramsey Magnet School of Science to purchase 15 musical instruments.
- $1,500 to the St. Luke’s Jubilee Ministries Community Bike Project to provide reliable transportation for the needy.
- $1,000 to the North Idaho College Foundation for Safety Fest of the Great Northwest, an annual safety conference.
- $1,000 to Parents Reaching Out to Parents to help families who have a child with disabilities in times of emergencies.
- $1,000 to the Village at Orchard Ridge to aid residents who cannot afford meals.
The next grant applications are due April 27, 2018. Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up®, or who would like to begin contributing, may simply “opt-out” or “opt-in” on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.