Recently Awarded Grants
Trust Board Awards 1sh Quarter 2017 Grants
The Kootenai Electric Trust Board approved the first quarter disbursement of 2017 Operation Round Up® funds. The Trust Board received 10 grant requests and awarded more than $13,000 to the following applicants:
- $2,500 to the Boys & Girls Club of Kootenai County for their Power Hour program, which offers one-on-one and small group tutoring for students in need of extra help.
- $2,500 to United Way of North Idaho for their summer reading program to provide free books to low income children.
- $2,000 to the St. Luke’s Episcopal Jubilee Ministries Community Bike Project to provide reliable transportation to those in need.
- $2,000 to Trinity Group Homes for life skills training for adults with severe and persistent mental illness.
- $1,500 to the TeraViks Robotics Team to help purchase the necessary parts to build and program a robot for the state competition.
- $1,000 to Lakeland High School to purchase new technology for a math classroom that allows the instructor to record lectures for student use.
- $1,000 to St. Dominic School for a security gate.
- $425 to the Sam Rodius Memorial Park Association to purchase and install a new water heater.
- $350 to the Immaculate Conception Academy to purchase math books.
Members who choose not to contribute to Operation Round Up®, or who would like to begin contributing, may simply “opt-out” or “opt-in” on their bill or contact KEC by phone, letter or email.