Billing & Payment Options
PAYING YOUR BILL
KEC accepts cash, check, Visa or MasterCard.
- Online – Log in to your account and pay your bill using check, credit or debit cards.
- Automatic Bank Draft – Your payment is drafted from your checking/savings account on the due date. Log in to your account or call our office.
- Recurring Credit Card – Your payment is charged to your credit card on the due date. Log in to your account.
- Pay by phone – Save time and postage by making a payment by phone at 877.999.3371. This service is available 24/7 and all you need is your account number, a pin number and a checking, savings account or credit card.
- MoneyGram locations – Includes Walmart and other select locations for a small fee. Find locations at www.moneygram.com.
- Mail – Mail payment and bottom portion of the bill. Please allow time for payment to be received by due date. Write your account number on the check/money order.
- Drop Box – Use our drop box located in front of our office (check only).
- In Person – Payment can be made in person at our office during regular business hours.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION: Recently, we’ve heard from a few members that they have inadvertently made a KEC payment using a third party website (such as Doxo). In some cases, these third party sites charge fees to make payments (KEC does not charge a fee to make payment online or by phone). KEC respects your online privacy and has taken measures to protect your personal information. We cannot guarantee the same of the online bill payment services. Members should be cautious when clinking links in search engines and only enter personal information on sites they are familiar with. We encourage KEC members to use SmartHub to make a payment.
- eBill/Paperless Billing – eBill provides KEC members the convenience of receiving bill notifications electronically. Electronic notifications make a positive impact on the environment by minimizing the use of paper, printing and postage. Log in to your account to sign up.
- Choose Your Due Date – KEC mails bills in three cycles with the due dates on the 5th, 15th or 25th of each month. You may choose your due date—contact us to make this change.
- Budget Billing – A billing program that averages your annual electric bill into equal monthly payments. Program participation is subject to credit approval—contact us for details or to sign up.
- Smart Pay – Smart Pay is an innovative solution for members who no longer want to wait until the end of the billing cycle to find out how much they owe. With Smart Pay you prepay for your electric consumption monthly, weekly or randomly—the choice is yours. The only deadline is making sure you pay before your account reaches a zero balance. Use SmartHub to track your electric use and balance.
CREDIT & COLLECTION PROCEDURE REMINDERS
As a reminder, KEC does not mail any final notice of disconnect for past due accounts. Past due accounts will have the amount reflected on the bill with a notation in the account message block stating the account is past due and subject to service disconnection if not paid by the noted date. Payment arrangements cannot be made once service has been disconnected.
During business hours, a $100 collection fee will be assessed each time a KEC employee has to go to a house to collect payment. If you are disconnected for non-payment, a $100 reconnection fee will be assessed during business hours or a $300 reconnection fee will be assessed after business hours to reconnect service.
We will make payment arrangements with those unable to pay in full. However, the number of times those arrangements can be made is limited and must be made prior to any disconnection. Please contact our office at 208.765.1200 if you encounter problems paying your bill. Agencies in the community that can help with utility payments include Project Share and Energy Assistance. Both agencies can be reached at 208.664.8757.